You have arrived at a web site or mobile application that is provided by KIMU ("KIMU" or "we", "our" or "us"). Data protection is of the highest priority for us. The processing of any and all personal data collected, such as the name, address, email address, or telephone number of a data subject shall always be in line with the country-specific data protection regulations applicable.
By means of this Policy, we would like to inform the general public of the nature, scope, and purpose of the personal data we collect, use and process. Furthermore, data subjects are informed, by means of this Policy, of the rights to which they are entitled.
A. Collection of Information
- Information You Provide to Us
We may ask you to provide us with: (i) your first and last name, email address, home address, phone number, credit and debit card numbers and date of birth or other information that could reasonably be used to identify you personally (hereinafter "Personal Information"); and/or (ii) demographic information, such as information like your gender ("Demographic Information"). We may collect this information from you at various times and places, such as when you:
- Submit account registration forms;
- Sign up or request to be placed on our mailing and/or email marketing lists;
- Place an order through the Site;
- Participate in a survey or competition;
- Contact us regarding a question or concern; and
- Otherwise interact with Kimu and/or the Site.
- Your decision to provide this information is voluntary, but if you choose not to provide this requested information you may not be able to take advantage of all of the Site's features or KIMU's services.
- Information We Collect When You Use the Site
In addition to information that you choose to submit to us, we and/or our service providers may automatically collect and/or store certain information when you visit or interact with the Site ("Usage Information"). This Usage Information may be stored and/or accessed from your personal computer, laptop, tablet, mobile phone or other device (a "Device") whenever you visit or interact with our Site. Usage Information may include your computer’s internet protocol (IP) address, which provides us with information that helps us learn about your browser and operating system.
B. Use of Information
What We Do With The Information Received and Collected
We do not sell any of your personal data. All Personal Information, Demographic Information and Usage Information received and/or collected in accordance to Section 1 above is used for the following purposes:
- To process your purchases and other transactions
- To manage your orders placed on our site and their delivery as well as applicable warranties
- To ensure the security of your online transactions, to prevent fraud and payment defaults
- To manage and optimize the customer relationship
- To create and manage your account
- To validate your registration with our site
- To provide you with e-mail updates related to our brand, site, and/or products
- To verify information that you have provided to us
- To customize materials and advertising provided to you by us or via the Site
- To fulfill your requests for products and services, including customer service
- To participate in surveys and promotions
- To analyze your interactions with the site in order to improve our site and products and services
- For the set-up, management and operation of the site (including upgraded versions thereof)
- To identify and protect against fraudulent transactions and misuse or unauthorized use of the Site
- To initiate or respond to a subpoena, investigative demand, or other discovery request that is properly served pursuant to applicable law
- To comply with our legal obligations, policies and procedures, and for internal administrative and analytics purposes
- To take actions to protect and/or to defend our rights and property (including intellectual property)
We may, and you hereby consent to our sharing, transferring and disclosing Personal Information, Demographic Information and Usage Information with:
- Third party service providers that we use to process, host, collect, store or manage user information and/or other information
- Third parties with whom we work to host, updated and otherwise operate the Site
- Third parties with whom we work to market, advertise and/or enhance the Site or the products or services that we offer
- Third parties with whom we work to provide customer service to you and other users of the Site
- Other businesses and media entities with whom we work to offer or customize products and services
- Government agencies (including courts and law enforcement agencies)
- Parties to civil or criminal litigation or arbitration (including arbitrators and/or mediators involved in litigation or arbitration)
- Other third parties under special circumstances, such as complying with legal requirements, preventing fraud, or protecting the safety of our users
- Our current and future parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, joint ventures or any other entities under a common control, including in the event that we, our business or assets are acquired by another entity
To protect your personal information, we take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed. If you provide us with your credit card information, the information is encrypted using secure socket layer technology (SSL). Although no method of transmission over the Internet or electronic storage is 100% secure, we follow all generally accepted industry standards. We will keep hold of your data for no longer than necessary. The length of time we retain it will depend on any legal obligations we have (such as tax recording purposes), the nature of any contracts we have in place with you, the existence of your consent or our legitimate interests as a business.
C. How Your Information is Protected
If you do not wish to be contacted by us, you can follow the unsubscribe instructions that accompanies any contact e-mail. If you opt-out of certain contacts, we may still contact you about any problems or issues with your account, profile, or any purchases you have made on the Site or from us. Please allow ten (10) business days from when your unsubscribe request was received to complete the removal, as some of our promotions may already have been in process before you submitted your request.
In accordance with applicable data protection laws and regulations, you have a right to request access to, rectification or erasure of your data, or restriction of processing, and to object to said processing, as well as the right to data portability to the extent applicable. You can also oppose to the use of your data to build up your client profile; in this case you will no longer benefit from customized offers or services. These rights may be exercised directly with Kimu by sending us a written request at 53A Smith Street, Marrickville, 2204, NSW, Australia.
You have the following rights regarding the Personal Information you have provided us:
- To review the Personal Information that you have supplied to us
- To request that we correct any errors, inaccurate information, or omissions in Personal Information that you have supplied us
- To request that your Personal Information not be used to contact you (except as otherwise provided in these terms)
- To request that your Personal Information be deleted from our records
- To opt out of being solicited by the Site or third parties
If you request that your user information be deleted from our records, there may be a reasonable delay in processing that request, while we or our designee verifies that the request is valid and originates from you, and a copy of some or all of the user information may be retained for legal compliance purposes, and in automatic backups.
Should you decide to create a client account, your identification data shall be kept for as long as your account is active and you do not close it. You may close your account at any time. Your request shall be taken into consideration immediately, or in case of any pending order, as soon as it shall have been executed in full. The information concerning your orders shall in principle be kept by Kimu for a period of time that does not exceed the applicable statutory limitation periods. This information may however also be viewed from your client account as long as the latter remains active. Upon closure of your client account, this information (i) shall be archived for accounting and evidential purposes for the applicable statutory limitation periods, or (ii) shall be destroyed if these periods have expired. Your bank account information shall be kept secure for the duration that is needed for the confirmation of your order.
Should you have any questions about the collection and processing of your data by Kimu, please contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you ever use a public computer to log in to your account on the Site, We strongly encourage you to log out of your account at the conclusion of your session.
When you provide us with Personal Information to complete a transaction, verify your credit card, place an order, arrange for a delivery or return a purchase, we imply that you consent to our collecting it and using it for that specific reason only. If we ask for your personal information for a secondary reason, like marketing, we will either ask you directly for your expressed consent, or provide you with an opportunity to say no. If after you opt-in to our Site registration or email, and you change your mind, you may withdraw your consent for us to contact you, for the continued collection, use or disclosure of your information, at anytime, by emailing us at email@example.com
Our store is hosted on Shopify Inc. They provide us with the online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you. Your data is stored through Shopify’s data storage, databases and the general Shopify application. They store your data on a secure server behind a firewall. If you choose a direct payment gateway to complete your purchase, then Shopify stores your credit card data. It is encrypted through the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). Your purchase transaction data is stored only as long as is necessary to complete your purchase transaction. After that is complete, your purchase transaction information is deleted. All direct payment gateways adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover. PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our store and its service providers. For more insight, you may also want to read Shopify’s Terms of Service or Privacy Statement.
F. Third Party Services
G. Age of Consent
By using this Site, you represent that you are at least the age of majority in your country, state or province of residence, or that you are the age of majority in your country, state or province of residence and you have given us your consent to allow any of your minor dependents to use this Site.
I. Questions and Contact Information
If you would like to: access, correct, amend, withdraw or delete any personal information we have about you, register a complaint, or simply want more information email us at firstname.lastname@example.org